La Vie En Rose

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

People to meet...

So let me catch y'all up: Flight went well, I got to my hotel, I settled in, and I have internet access here for the night and tomorrow morning. I'll be around until noonish EST tomorrow, and my flight leaves at 7 tomorrow night. Joyous day.

I just got back from meeting a few of the Sweet Briar kids. They seem quiet, but I think it's just nerves. I think we'll relax and settle in together well. I had dinner at the bar with Joe and Marie and it felt like playing adults. Except we were all taking it really seriously. I felt like I was faking being a grown up. Is this how my interactions will be for the rest of my life? Will I only be able to let loose around certain people who know my goofy side? Or is it just because I barely know these two that we were all so uptight?

Life is an interesting experience. I'm glad I get to see it from many age perspectives. Tomorrow night I suppose I will begin to see it from a different cultural perspective too.

Plan for tonight: Figure out digital camera, call Mommy, then fall asleep watching Ouran High School Host Club (as someone very dear to me once did).

4 Comments:

  • At 8:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Miss you Stephanie. Call or write your mother.
    xxoo

     
  • At 12:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi sweetie! Glad to hear that you arrived safely in France!

    love and hugs and all my best
    Anna

     
  • At 7:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I wish I had realized that you were in the States all summer... I would have called. Sorry I didn't. I've thought of you often though and wished that you were going to be here at MHC this year.
    I'm sure you'll do great though.
    Enjoy!
    Love,
    Miriam

     
  • At 10:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Hon,
    Love your notes!!! Send one a day PLEASE. What is the time difference between COLORADO and PARIS? When is the best time to call you?
    About your not being goofy, take it from me, it is when you let your goofy side show that people really begin to connect with you.
    I am having an absolute ball teaching Business Law at FRC College.
    Wish I were able to come see you over Xmas, but money is short.
    I miss you so much!!!
    Love,
    dad

     

Post a Comment

<< Home