La Vie En Rose

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Steph-On-E

Written 8/29/2006 1:30 PM


France is like Ecstasy. When you first arrive it gets you so thrilled and so excited and everything is so cute and you’re so glad you came, all your endorphins do a little happy dance. But after 3 days in drizzle, you hit the depression. At least, I did. To cheer myself up a bit, I indulged in my first pastry since my arrival. The author of French Women Don’t Get Fat, whose name I cannot remember, told of how she developed a brownie addiction when she visited the US. I do not understand how anyone who grew up with French pastries could possibly find brownies stimulating by comparison. And y’all know how much I love Brownies, so that should be all I have to say for you to understand how good this pastry was.

Now I’m off to find 6 Rue Nationale, where my afternoon cultural session is to take place. We’re exploring a French chocolaterie! Quel dommage que j’ai déjà mangé !

1 Comments:

  • At 9:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    And we will parlais francais! Oui?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home